Exclusive Forum for Innovative Plastics and Advanced Composites for Automotive Applications
Welcome to the Automotive Plastics & Advanced Composites 2021 Exhibition and Conference where developers of advanced materials will meet with leading automotive manufacturers in Detroit, Michigan to explore the latest innovations in plastics and advanced composites for the automotive industry.
The application of plastics and advanced composites in automotive vehicles has been increasing over decades, with more recent uses being focussed primarily on making vehicles more energy-efficient through lightweight engineering, together with providing more durability and design flexibility at a low cost. In automotive design, although plastics have contributed to a multitude of innovations in safety, performance, and fuel efficiency, the industry requires new research and improvement to meet the needs of next-generation vehicles.
With over 70% of the plastics used in modern vehicles coming from four main polymers: polypropylene, polyurethane, polyamides, and PVC, the role of plastics and composites in the design and manufacturing of automotive vehicles has never been more essential as stringent regulations and changing consumer habits drive demand for more affordable, lightweight, and fuel-efficient vehicles.
This year’s Automotive Plastics & Advanced Composites 2021 event is set to become the world’s leading exhibition and conference exclusively for research and development in automotive applications, where attendees can meet and collaborate with a large array of automotive OEMs, and to examine new innovations in developing polymers and advanced composites for use in automotive development.
Key topics on this year’s agenda include:
- Economic outlook and industry forecasts for plastics and advanced composites
- Exploring innovative plastics and advanced composite materials for automotive light-weighting
- New manufacturing processes and additive manufacturing techniques for automotive production
- Latest research and development in using advanced materials for improving design and aesthetics
- Upcoming regulations, safety standards, and recycling initiatives for new automotive vehicles
- Case studies on plastics and advanced composites for the next-generation of vehicles
This exhibition and conference will provide a forum for all stakeholders across the automotive supply chain, including automotive OEMs, and advanced materials suppliers, to network and build cross-market relationships and to discuss the real challenges and opportunities in using innovative plastics and advanced composites to meet the needs of the automotive industry.